Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ELD light boxes/sheets available

Glider

I've just noticed from the link that they can be cut to any shape !

I didn't realise that. There was me thinking the board would hang out the sides of the scope making it near useless at a star party. Has anyone else cut one into a circle ?

All of you I suspect.

Dave

I use an Earlsmann Panel , Rather than putting it on the front of the dewshield I have used an A3 panel to make a light box that hangs on the obs wall... It has the EL panel 100mm behind a 5mm thick sheet of opalescent acrylic to further diffuse the output of the EL panel. It also means taht the Exposure with the DSLR's is 1/25s at ISO 800 for the 72 fffII combo.. this gives +1.3 EV exposure which after testing seems to give me better correction in DSS.

You can cut the sheet but it need connection on two edges and it needs to be sealed to stop moisture ingress which will lead to early demise of the panel. So it's not really an "user" process normally doen by the manufacturer..

If I was buying again now I would probably go for an GN panel...

Peter...

Amazing!...I was just about to start making a light box as well...in fact was just looking around for some plans, having seen this thread I've just now placed an order for an A3 panel..

Thanks

Steve

One thing though, and this I don't understand; my French made panel sits bewteen hardboard and milky perspex for protection. However, to get really reliable flats you still need a Tee shirt and it needs to be dark outside or you get a flat with a gradient. Others don't seem to get this effect so I don't know why I was singled out for this minor inconvenience!

Olly

Archived