Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stunning skies tonight

I hope your all fortunate enough to be able to go out tonight, its awesome, i dont think the seeing has been better from where i live as long as i`ve been looking up!

Saturn, the beauty, is sat high in the sky (3:35am) now and i`ve had her in my fov for about an hour. I was told not to go too low for a planatary ep because i`d never get to use it. well in my 6mm tonight, saturn was steady and clear for long periods of time (3 to 4 seconds) allowing an unspoilt stunning view.

Anyone enjoying tonight too?

john

Think that my house had your portion of clouds!! Doh!

Same here, though it looks like the next couple of nights should give us some clear skies. I want to try out a couple of new filters.

Don't think I've seen a single star in over a week.

It was indeed stunning last night. The seeing was near perfect and the transparency was nearly as good. The LP was almost non-existent, i was able to pick out constellations as they rose from the horizon.....from the back garden!

Saturn was so sharp i could almost cut my finger on it. Even glimpsed cassini at 300x. And the banding was simply amazing to see. Counted 5 moons tucked in close.

A night to remember.

Russ

Archived