Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cannot see back ground extraction efature in Pixinsight LE

vincentnm

There's a service pack available... I forgot to apply that when I was first trying out the DBE feature, and got very confused. I've just had a look at the website and I cannot see the LE downloads anymore, if you need I can upload them to one of the free file share sites if you like?

There's a service pack available... I forgot to apply that when I was first trying out the DBE feature, and got very confused. I've just had a look at the website and I cannot see the LE downloads anymore, if you need I can upload them to one of the free file share sites if you like?

Thanks for the offer. But please dont do that. It is not legal to distribute the LE version. Thanks again.

Thanks for the offer. But please do not do that. It is not legal to distribute the LE version, even though it was free earlier on.

Thanks again,

Vincent.

Really? I thought that the LE version was open freeware these days? This is taken from their FAQ:

"The old PixInsight LE is a freeware application. As long as you don't allow public access to your copy, you can share it privately. Disclaimer— Pleiades Astrophoto S.L. assumes no responsibility or liability for copies of our software that have not been downloaded directly from our official website or file servers (PixInsight — Pleiades Astrophoto and its subdomains). When you share your copy of the old PixInsight LE application, you are the sole responsible for any damage caused directly or indirectly as a result of viruses or other malwares that might be infecting your copy."

So I think that I could send you it privately, just not host it on a public site or such like. I wouldn't offer you software illegally, it's my understanding that this is perfectly ok. The offer is there if you want it.

The LE version is no longer available. They want you ( quite fairly ) to down load and use the full paid for version which is superior.

There was a thread on Cloudy Nights where some one asked for a copy. One poster got so mad that he wasn't far short of howling at the moon.

Dave

Hi

Mr sam is correct the private sharing of Pixinsight LE between friends :evil6: Is ok , its the public sharing ( in various forms ) that is not allowed .

Do not think the Le version is like the new PI standard version as things have moved on quite a lot :eek: and my video tutorials would not much use to you with the LE version

Have fun though

Regards Harry

I don't think its so much that they want you to download the full paid version, its that PI has moved soooo far beyond the LE version that people trying out the LE version thought it was a free taster of the latest PI software....so they weren't always happy and it was putting people off the much more advanced version before they had seen it.

So the best thing by a long shot is just to try the fully functioning, latest release 45 day free trial of PI. It has automatic and manual background subtraction routines and lots more.

And have a look at Harry's PI videos....and the other videos on the PI site....they are extremely good.

Archived