NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vesta movement Feb 20 / 21st

DarkerSky

The weather gods gave me a break last night and so I decided to capture the position of Vesta at the start and end of my obsy session.

The first sketch was taken at 21.15 UT in my 16" Magx70. I really like the starfield it is in at the moment. Some visually pleasing asterisms in it :evil6:

vesta20febA.png

I then went inside to get a template run off of the starfield, and removed Vesta from the template with a bit of computer jiggery-pokery :o

Just before I finished up at 01-30 UT I plotted Vesta again in the starfield. Definite movement as you can see! :eek:

vesta20febB.png

What I'd love to do is put this into a slide animation or something similar so I can see Vesta blinking across the starfield. I will have to investigate how to do that :D

Better yet..here is the animated gif: click on it to see it work. You can download it also just save it to your computer.

How did i do it?

3 yrs of college studying web design.

Hahaha i STILL use free online software for images etc because its cheap (i'm a cheapy chappy).

Here's the link for the FREE trial version of the software i used:

http://www.blumentals.net/egifan/download.php

(i hope i am not being bold by posting a link to free trial software. IF any mod deems the link a NO-NO.........please feel free to remove it)

I'll now remove the link to my webspace because i dont want anyone to think its my image.

Enjoy.

post-18019-133877428049_thumb.gif

you can make an animated gif in photo shop if you have it, there is a descent tutorial to explain it.

True, but PS really is a graphics pack for advanced/professional users.

There are so many free online imaging packages that cater for beginners that give instant results.

I really am NOT an imaging person............. YES i am fully trained in PS.........but HTML is my forte.

IF graphics are not your field then PS can be very daunting.

Archived