NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eskimo neb 19th Feb

MartinB

Clear skies interspersed with cloud and fog until midnight. Had all but given up when everything cleared. Still trying to sort out how to get these small targets - optimal focal length, binned/unbinned. I started at F10 2500mm unbinned then switched to binned which pretty well gave the same resolution last night. Struggling to get a decent star for the Active optics to get it's teeth into. Have decided F7 unbinned is the best bet from now on.

Ha 4x15 mins and OIII 3x15mins.

10" LX200R at F10

QSI 532 with SX AO guiding at 4 cycles per second

Baader 7nm Ha and OIII filters

Captured in Maxim. Stacked and deconvolved in CCDStack and finished in PS. OIII was used for green and blue channels

Conditions were really good after midnight but unfortunately trees stopped play.

It's still a bit too fuzzy for my liking and the stars have are very dim but I enjoyed playing with Noel's new spikes software.

post-12794-133877427843_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Nice work Martin.

I can imagine the OAG struggling with this target as there really arent any bright stars apart fro the one next to it.

Rob

Not a patch on yours from last year Rob. It's worse than OAG. The AO needs fast cycles to do it's job. I found a Mag8 star and was using 0.2 sec exposures but this was barely enough to keep the star in position during the mount bumps (the AO has a very limited range of movment and needs to move the mount from time to time to recentre). It would have all been so much better if I'd used a reducer!

Archived