Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blue Snowball (NGC-7662)

qcdougn

My first go at this one...so not sure of the colors and detail. I chose this target because it's fairly bright and easy to image with the bright moon. It was small, but bright. The image was cropped and enlarged a good bit since the DSLR doesn't do high magnification. This would be a VG subject for the big dobs, even at f10. I used the LX-90 @f6.3 and should have done it at f/10. There may be a central star...I'm not sure...If it is, I missed it.. :D However, I'm satisfied with the first go...Have fun.........

Doug

Thanks guys....Go get this one..Like I mentioned, it's small but fairly bright...I didn't use any subs over 20 sec.. I also mainly use ISO 400. So, that tells you that it's a somewhat bright nebula....watch your gain and length of exposure. Otherwise, you'll get a blue blob.....

Doug

Archived