Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fingers Crossed for Friday.

Lowstar

Just come in from a quick 30min session before putting the kids to bed. Mars looks AWESOME!!!!! Used the dob, 330x and wow. Sky is looking stable, Mars is awash with detail and i mean masses of it. The imagers are going to have a field day (night).

Good luck everyone.

Russ

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well once again my crappy mount has frustrated me so much i've put the kit away. mars is like the tiniest quivering speck dancing all over the place, and i can hardly hold the moon in place for my other half's 12 yr old sister to have a look ;) i just wanna cry..... SOOOO cannot wait for my AZ4 mount to arrive :)

Hope everyone else has better luck, i'm gonna pour meself a glass of wine wallow in self pity.... ciao xx

Well, I've just been out sweeping between the Moon and Mars with the bins, but I can't really pick out the Beehive, just one or two odd stars: I think even with bins the moon is too close and swamps everything.

Nice to see a crisp clear night for a change, even at full Moon.

Archived