Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

WayBig

Hi

I've just joined the forum.

I got my first scope in October and have been really enjoying the cold clear nights through the winter.

I've been through a honeymoon period with some great views of Jupiter and it's moons and a couple of brief glimpses of Saturn before clouds rolled in. I've had a bit of "aperture envy" and disappointment when trying to find some DSOs that look great in magazines but aren't really visible with my kit from my garden.

Now I think i'm over that (almost!) and am being more realistic in what I try to find and find myself watching the weather forecast for clear nights.

I'm going to sign up to the Hertford astro club, so if any of you are there, i might see you at some of their meets.

Look forward to tapping you all up for hints and tips, and hopefully eventually doing the same for other newbies.

Archived