Cheapest scope for seeing colour...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice choice of scope - I had the 6" one for 3 years and was well happy with it - so you'll get 2" more hapiness than I did lol

Seriously though - so long as you don't expect colour beyond the solar system you'll be delighted. If you do change your mind down the line it'll be highly re-sellable (but that's unlikely). Don't forget a collimator and red light (very useful accessories).

Now that's a BIG dob!

That sky watcher will get you some pleasant, albeit grey, views of a lot of the skies (can't tell the size of the scope). My 114 mm newt is very pleasing and quite satesfactory for the time being. Even a decent pair of binoculars are going to bring things out that your eyes can't pick up.

I've never really given a second thought to only seeing most night sky objects in grey or white. Sure i've seen the colour photos but when i'm observing them....they (objects) just make sense to me. How amazing would it be if our eyes were ubber sensitive and could see colour through our scopes etc.

Archived