Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun activity 23 January 2010

Helen

It was clear for a little while this morning, which was a great relief after all the cloud we've had recently :D

So I tested out a couple of my developments - a box to put my netbook in to shield it from the sun, and a logging system for settings etc. Both worked quite well ;) But what was better was the amount of activity on the sun. Two sets of sunspots and some nice proms too.

Here are a few mono shots. Taken with the DMK21, a PST at native focal length (by using a new short nosepiece), on an SE mount. Unofortunately it clouded out before I could try with the barlow :)

Helen

post-13020-133877421926_thumb.jpg

post-13020-13387742193_thumb.jpg

post-13020-133877421936_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys - I'm having fun! but it doesn't look good for the next week for me :D

Hi Hellen

loveley images, which PST are you using please?

I bought the Lunt 60HaT/DS50Ha with 1200 Blocking filter for my wife for Christmas as yet not managed any imaging with it.

Ivor H

Ivor, I'm just using the standard PST. I've got a friend with a double-stacker and a tuner, so I'm hoping to have a go with that sometime too :)

Helen

Archived