Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Narrow Miss

NickH

Clouds have thwarted tonights SII session, so this is partly synthesized green using Noels Actions, but here's M81/82 in Narrowband using Astronomik HA/OIII/SII

7 x 10 mins OIII on M81 and 15 x 10 mins HA total, the rest is Noels actions...hope to add the real SII soon

ED80 at F7.5/EQ6 guided PHD/DSI-C/ST102

post-14410-133877419028_thumb.jpg

Won me image of the month in Sky at Night in broadband...about 2 years ago ish I think it was..

It seems to be one of those galaxy sets that can look okay either way.. hoping to get the real SII and some more OIII into this soon

Interesting. Did you find any trace of the 'integrated flux' in narrowband between the galaxies? I have it in mind to go after this in the springtime. Karel Teuwen's image is the one to inspire you on this but I can't get the link to work for some reason.

Olly

Peter, it's Noels actions on one, and real data on the other, which makes 81 look somewhat odd right now (I hope!)...clouded out again at the mo, so no chance to get the rest as yet.

Olly...no, but once the colour side is done, I am going to run some 30-45 minute subs in H-A across the pair and see what, if anything, pops out

Archived