Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MY first M42

merlinxlm

Here is my first picture of the M42. It was shot with my Oly E510, fitted on top of my 80DS Pro. The lens was a standard 40-150 Oly, it was my first outing with my new QHY5 guide cam, using PHD guider. Its a single exposure of 2min 40sec at iso 400. Focal length was 150mm at f3.5 and 3150 temp. As I'm waiting for my ST80 guide scope I thought I'd try the guiding using my main scope. I've adjusted the levels a little but that it. Any comment? The lower portion of the picture is my roof, sorry.

Thank you.

post-15200-133877419018_thumb.jpg

post-15200-133877419023_thumb.jpg

I have managed to get my scope out twice this year, and braved the cold to take a few images. Please find attached a low res pic, my first ever deep sky image, of the orion nebula. its not brill - poor alignment, composition, light pollution etc - but i am only a beginner!. It is a sandwhich of more than 30 images, ranging from 10sec to 120sec exposures, taken with my canon 300d DSLR, mounted on my Orion Europa 150 telescope,and processed on my pc using GIMP. Yes i know...could do better! Please let me know what u think?

cheers, and happy new year to u all!

Bob:hello2:

I've had a little play with the image, I've combined a shorter exposure, adjusted the levels and curves. I know It's not brilliant, but I've done the best with what I've taken so far. Any comments or advice very appreciated.

Thank you.

post-15200-133877419857_thumb.jpg

Archived