Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Old habits die hard

holland.gp

Hello Everyone,

With the new year an all, i thought id dust off my C8 and put it back into service again, only problem is im short of a mount. Have had a HEQ5 in the past but was thinking of getting a EQ6. Is the difference noticeable? Bearing in mind that at the moment i'd only be thinking of buying a 7" mak or perhaps a small APO and may try my hand a astrophotography? I realise this is probably not the place to post this but cant post anywhere else.

Thanks

As Kevin has already posted, ff you are thinking about imaging (which could include running a second scope for guiding, plus all the associated extra weight of that plus guide camera, cables, etc), go for the EQ6... its a solid bit of kit.

Hi Holland

A warm welcome to SGL.

I'd also recommend the EQ6 rather than the HEQ5 if you're intending to get into astrophotography. Both mounts are excellent but the slightly larger capacity of the EQ6 will make it more 'future proof'

Steve

Archived