Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vintage Nagler 11mm first impressions

my newly purchased 11mm Nagler Type 1 has arrived,here are a couple of photos and general description.

This a beautifully made eyepiece, with that classic smoothside look, that i really like.

It measures 100mm long,with a dual 2"/1.25" barrel.

Although not a light eyepiece, its not as heavy as i thought, and lighter than a meade 14mm UWA.

The fov is 82 degrees with a very sharp field stop. The eyelens measures 22mm across with nice bue green coatings.

It is a Japan made vintage of the 80's,with the desired NJ mark on the barrel.

It was discontinued and followed by the Nagler 12mm, and thus is a very rare eyepiece.

I intend to use it in my C8 for panoramic lunar views mainly.

I'll report on how it performs as soon as get the chance.

It won't be alone in the case for long, as its being joined by vintage Meade 8.8mm UWA and a Nagler 7mm T1.

Mike

post-13026-133877415758_thumb.jpg

post-13026-133877415761_thumb.jpg

Very nice Mike :D

I'm looking forward to hearing how it performs. I used to have a 4.8mm Nagler smoothside and a 7mm T1 but the latter was the 2nd issue with the rubber eyecup and was made in Taiwan. Both very nice eyepieces though and reponsble for getting me hooked on the "black and green! !.

John

Archived