Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mounting a Webcam in a SLR Body

Dicky de Builder

Found this article when reading up on webcam astrophotograph.

http://www.deep-sky.co.uk/imaging/webcam/slrbody.htm

Now the thing is I have two old pentax SLR's that i havent use in years, and a toucam 2 that is redundent.

My question is.... is it worth doing or should i just get what i need to connect the toucam direct. Like the idea of the view finder. Would welcome any of your thoughts.

Ps I don't have a DSLR

Cheers

Thanks for that guys. Is there any particular capture software you use or just what came with the cam OK. Thinking of imaging the moon as a start to imaging, with the web cam as it's a bright target. Only have a manual mount at the mo so need a targets for short exposures. I know imaging is a bit of a mine field so I want to start simply.

Cheers

Software - Craterlet, wxastrocapture, k3ccdtools and a few others all free. I would recommend adding at least a single axis drive to your mount as soon as possible. The moon will quickly pass through your FOV at the high magnification. The drive will allow you to keep the moon centred so that you can take longer AVIs.

Peter

Archived