Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A galaxy far far away....

Neil I

Hi guys

Thanks to our wonderful weather it's been ages since I've used the scope so I thought I'd trawl through some old images and maybe reprocess some of data from earlier in the year. I found this single sub taken last March but have no idea which galaxy this is. There seems to be loads of faint fuzzies in there as well. I'd like to try this target next year if I only knew what/where it was :)

Anyone recognise it?

Cheers

Neil

post-14123-133877415112_thumb.jpg

M100 :icon_eek: Excellent, thanks guys.

Will hopefully make a good widefield image with my scope.

Matt

Yes, this was taken with the 200 at f4.5. This was the only sub I seemed to have taken of this, so I'm guessing the clouds must have rolled in that night :)

Cheers

Neil

Sorry another go at these. I have just found my notes. M100 was visible in my old TAL 110mm and is visible as a small smudge in my current 10 inch dob.

NGC 4312 was visible in the ten inch scope on 26/3/09 as a very faint streak. This would support the side on view!

Mark

Archived