Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I think I'm in love!!

Helen

The weather forecast said clear all evening :(, but its actually been mostly scudding cloud with some clear patches :(. The roof's been on and off twice so far, but the very fact I can do that has meant that I'm actually out observing instead of in watching tv!

And I've had real fun between the clouds with the C11 :eek:

First up was the ring nebula, clearly visible and a hint of structure. Then over to the clusters in Auriga and Gemini. I love M36, M37, M38, and tonight M35 appeared from behind the trees - loads of stars :icon_eek:

M1, crab nebula, was visible despite some light cloud, and Mike got to see it for the first time too ;).

But the highlight so far was M42. Awesome :). I've never seen so much detail in it, or seen it expand so far. Using the 28mm UWAN it took up nearly the whole field. It reminded me of a bat, with huge spreading wings. It even appears to have a bit of colour. Its out of view for a bit, but I'm sitting here in the hope that the clouds stay away long enough for me to have one more look before I pack up.

I've decided I LOVE aperture :D

Helen

A C14 next then Helen:D.

Aperture is wonderful, and you will devote more time to Observing now.

Of course the C11 is a superb Imaging instrument as SteveL demonstrated, especially when used with Hyperstar.

I hope Mike gets a peek through it too by the way.:).

Ron.:icon_eek:

When I look through a big Dob I agree that nothing beats aperture. But when I look through a five or six inch apo I think nothing beats a refractor. Aperture for the nebulae and refractor for the stars, but either way the kids are still for sale!!

Olly.

(The solution might be the fifteen inch Takahashi apo shown on the website of the French importer. Apparently they really will make you one. How many kids do you have??)

Archived