Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805 Central QSI583

PNJ

IC1805 central region. QSI 583 2 x2 binning, in 10 min subs Astrodon 6mn HA filter

About 3 hours of data taking last night through my Skywatcher 190mn.

I would like to try this again at full resolution to test the camera out.

But quite pleased with the early results.

Paul J

post-15034-133877414486_thumb.jpg

Lovely dusty detail Paul. I know it's a small forum image but I would bet that your resolution was pretty good. That is a camera made to be binned. Will be interesting to see a comparison between binned and unbinned with the MN. What sub lengths were you using? What flavour of QSI 583 is it?

hi

I have the QSI 583 WSG and lodestar guider. I also purchased an extra face plate in order to use camera lens which works nice. Yea 2x2 is quite good, and i should image same target using both resoloutions. Or at least do the red filter 2x2 to get an idea.

paul J

I have a 532 WS and got the WSG bit subsequently. Works well, the only niggle I have is the difference in focus between my CLS / lum / RGB filters and my Baader narrowbands. Wont be a problem too often though.

No one could ever accuse QSI of building cameras to a price, they are beautiful pieces of kit and the support is great.

Archived