i suggest you get out tonight

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a little go, and even though the stars are out, the seeing is RUBBISH where I am (north kent). Jupiter is boiling at 100x and the orange light pollution horribly bright and spreading up quite far into the sky - must be slightly damp and misty up there. And to top it off I didnt win the eyepiece I wanted on ebay.:icon_eek:

Surely we must get some crisp, cold, clear nights soon?...Actually, because of all the cloud and rain we've had, the law of averages means we should get a whole month of it now. cant wait.:hello2:

Im in Mid Kent (Maidstone) and the viewing is relatively good here (this is naked eye viewing). Orion is looking nice in the East and im waiting for Sirius and Mars to pop up later. Jupiter disappeared a while ago behind trees and houses :icon_eek:

I'm stuck at work too.............:-(, but towards the end of next week a clearer spell is expected, fingers crossed, I've had my scope almost 3 weeks and have had 1 clear night................:-(

Hoping I might get lucky at midnight when i finish, but I don't hold out much hope as the cloud is on it's way, who would of thought that! Cloud........

Just had a great session tonight - stayed out until my powertank went dead! Really quite good seeing, and surprisingly dark skies for the city: good naked-eye milky way and I was able to see galaxies quite well from my garden - good views of M81 and M82 for example. Add to that some lovely double and triple stars, and a good view of the Pleiades, and I'm a very happy fella tonight.

i also just went out and saw Orions Belt quite easily with the naked eye (im in a town area so thats fairly rare at 10 o clock). Looking forward to have a peep out a little later so fingers crossed the cloud doesnt come.

Great sky here in Wiltshire too.

Just had a great time in the back garden with my binoculars (http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-binoculars/92548-6-december-great-nights-viewing.html). Three Messier targets, a few constellations (still trying to learn my way around the sky) and Callisto and Ganymede just visible strung out next to Jupiter.

I'm so jealous! :icon_eek: this monitor screen really doesn't do it for me, glad you had a good night, I just know the cloud will hit as soon as I get home.

I really didn't have the faintest idea just how frustrated and enraged I'd get with the clouds a few shorts weeks ago when I made my purchase, evil white puffs of blinding doom!

Had a look outside and saw the Pleiades and Orion and bits in Auriga. :hello2: But clouds are piling up in the West.

Still can't lift up scope yet (and am back to work for first time tomorrow morning, so don't want to risk pulling anything! :icon_eek: Am doing just two mornings this week - keeping my fingers crossed!)

Archived