Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the moon 25-11-09

astropete

That looks excellent. I really like the look of that setup with the afocal adapter. It's amazing how you can use a regular digi cam for taking excellent images of the Moon. The shadows and the sharpness of the first one is fab Pete.

Look forward to more of the same :headbang:

Regards

Adam

again thanks adam, with this set up i have no control over exposure times, the camera works that out, so for deepfield pics this set up will not work, but as the moon is my passion its works great. cannot wait till the end of the year for the partial lunar eclipse, as the camera has a video function i will video as much as i can, fingers crossed.

Cracking pics Pete! I have the same scope and camera adapter setup. I'm surprised your camera does not have a manual exposure setting? I bet you could take some good shots of Jupiter if you could adjust the shutter speed manually. The compact digicamera i have has a shutter speed between 1 sec and 1/1000 of a sec.

Archived