NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik4000 Colour - I'm impressed!

ollypenrice

Ths one shot colour business is cheating! I set the thing off around midnight, went to sleep on the couch, got up five and a quarter hours later and there it all was. Initial reaction was Ouch because the colour was like one of those very purple boiled sweets. But it came right with a bit of jiggery pokery and so here it is, the Rosette. Atik 4000 colour camera (on test for Astronomy Now) with Tak FSQ85 and EQ6.

A Deluxe version will be appearing from Tom O'Donoghue who is here at the minute. He has shot tons of L, Ha and O111 in his own FSQ on the other mount and will take over this colour data. Should be good!723526686_6RGsD-X2.jpg

Now it's time to see what we can make of a stack of M42 OSC data from the previous night...

Olly

Guided, yes. I use Atik 16ic cameras to guide our mounts via AstroArt. They work very well. The EQ6 does need a lot of input from the autoguider but when the seeing is good I get values of aorund + or - 0.05 pixel error. (Gudescopes have focal lengths around 500mm.)

Olly

Ron, the 4000 series are glorious to use. At the time I reviewed the mono version for AN, my only criticism was the sensitivity against the 314L, but this was more than compensated for by the FOV. The noise floor is higher, but now, and that they had set point cooling from day one (which at the time the 314 lacked), having used the mono one again recently in Spain, they really are brilliant cameras, and courtesy of the software, a total no brainer to use.

Great shot Olly..look forward to the final version.

Archived