Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

tripod

nicnac

They are real beasts :headbang:... A lot will depend on how heavy they are... Any ideas ? The redsnapper basic tripod and 3 way head is rated for 6.5 Kg. I've used it for mounting my 15x70's, Skymax 102 and C80ED (both scopes with a Kg of 450d on the back).

Hi there,

i was thinking about buying the Horizon 8115 Tripod for a pair of Revelation 20x100 binos, But i spoke to Ian King regarding the tripod for these.

As everybody knows Ian is well respected for his advice and honesty, and he told me that the 8115 was not very stable for these binos, I mentioned another tripod the William Optics Pro,and he said this was a much sturdier tripod than the 8115.

Ian at the time did not have any in stock, so i managed to get a hold of one at FLO Tripods - William Optics Tripod .

This tripod is solid as a rock and the quality is amazing :headbang:.

I hope this info is useful to you.

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

pity, i missed those on the FLO website...

Me too i am afraid my tripod will be too light for the bino's i have ordered at FLO. These are the Apollo's 22x85, the smaller variant of the 28x110.

Anybody know what the max height of that William optics tripod...and how much weight it can take, it is not specified on the site, is it?

upd : i found it on the WO website and it is rated for 8 lbs wich i consider a mistake because the mounts look alot sturdier and it's own weight according the specs :6.6 lbs

The WO tripod works well with the WO 80mm scope,

hope this is useful also.

Head Type 3-WAY oil fluid metal pan headQuick ReleaseYesMaterialAluminumLeg Sections3ColorBlack Leg MaterialAluminumLoad Capacity8 lbs (3629 g) Leg Lock TypeHorizontal lockMaximum Height74" (1880 mm) Center BraceYesMinimum Height30.9" (785 mm) Center Column TypeSliding Folded Length32" (820 mm) Center Column Sections1Minimum Height30.9" (785 mm) Spiked/Retractable FeetYesTripod Bag33 x 5.3 x 4.5 inch (83 x 13.5 x 11.5 cm)Side pocket10 x 4.1 x 1.4 inch (25.5 x 10.5 x 3.5 cm)

Hi there,

i was thinking about buying the Horizon 8115 Tripod for a pair of Revelation 20x100 binos, But i spoke to Ian King regarding the tripod for these.

As everybody knows Ian is well respected for his advice and honesty, and he told me that the 8115 was not very stable for these binos, I mentioned another tripod the William Optics Pro,and he said this was a much sturdier tripod than the 8115.

Ian at the time did not have any in stock, so i managed to get a hold of one at FLO Tripods - William Optics Tripod .

This tripod is solid as a rock and the quality is amazing :).

Mark.

I have a set of 20X90 Strathspey bins (3.2 kilos) and i use the Horizon 8115 to mount them. The tripod is rock solid with the bins. I would have thought a set of 20X100 bins would be fine on this mount. The WO looks great also. I like the fact that it has a 3 way head. That is useful for mounting a SLR camera onto it.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there,

This tripod is solid as a rock and the quality is amazing :).

Mark.

There is no mention on the FLO website that this is the 'Pro' version of the WO tripod as mentioned by Ian King...try here to see the Pro:

WILLIAM OPTIC HEAVY DUTY BINOCULAR TRIPOD on eBay (end time 07-Jan-10 17:53:32 GMT)

The legs appear to be solid on the Pro version rather than the twin spar version on FLO.

Could be a bargain for someone near to South Wales...!

HTH

Archived