Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TAL 125R second light

FIrst time out there were only a few temporary holes in the clouds and no decent stars.

This time the sky was relatively clear and had a few bright stars visible

Turned the scope to Vega, and with the highest power lanth EP did a star test. Both the intra & extra focal images looked text book pattern. No off center rings. Vega looked a fine blue colour and very sharp when properly focussed.

Jupiter had gone behind a tree so I turned to the moon. The moon was boiling a bit too much to use the higher power EP's but looked good at 125x. In periods of better seeing the image looked tack sharp, so I grabbed the Canon DSLR and took a stack of 12 images at prime focus. Downloaded the images looked great 'in the RAW'. I posted this image (with a small amount of processing) in the lunar section on 7 July.

Overall I'm very pleased with the TAL125R and look forward to the darker nights!

MD

Nice one mate, you were one of the lucky ones last night with holey cloud.

Its been a solid grey blanket here since friday...I hate this featureless cloud!

I'm glad your enjoying your new scope :)

Kain

• 2 weeks later...

Archived