Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Logitech W/Keypad

I bought the Logitech Wireless Keypad to replace the Rumblepad, Then turned it into a virtual Joystick with PPJoy, Thanks to young MikeP. for his advice.

I have now mapped the pad keys to Equascoms Controller, but of course now, the Pad numbers and symbols bear no resemblence to the virtuals. These have now become different numbers, which correspond to the various scope functions via equascom. For example, the keypad asterisk, is now number 13, which in Equascom, is emergency stop. Or whatever you choose to do whatever. And so on.

What I would like to do, is stick symbols relative to an action I want the scope to perform, onto the keys of the Logitech pad, and wonder if there are commercially available labels to place on the keys.

Ron.:rolleyes:

post-13213-133877409252_thumb.jpg

Hi Barkis , This link may help you find what you want Computer Keyboard Sticker Label Decals and Key Top Stickers :eek: .They look to do something akin to what you want . Hope that is a help ( and I have put it into my own bookmarks).

My youngest son occasionally strips all the keys on his keyboards and gives everything a bath . He quite happily re-assembles it all and everything is back in its place.:) . It may be that you can do the'key shuffle :rolleyes: ( but that will be dependant on the key construction . ( and I've three smilies in here too !!)

Don't know about the others, but I had problems accepting the gamepad. It really was a two handed operation and I found the joystick control a bit fiddly.

The number pad is closer to my comfort zone. Similar to the familiar Lx200 "brick" ;easy to hold and use, and it does everything I need to control the mount.

Just out of interest, why did you replace the rumble pad.

Cheers

Ant

I'm a sucker for gadgets Ant. although in this case I was pursuaded by others who said it was a lot easier to handle, and it goes in the pocket. It has a switch on/off, that is not easily knocked on/off accidentally. I like it and I'm glad I went for it. Not expensive really. £16 From Amazon, although there a cheaper version Belkin I think about Half the price. I'm quite sure some will still prefer the Rumblepad, but it is a two handed job, and the Keypad can be used one handed if necessary.

Ron.:)

I should read the posts first. I've just about repeated what Merlin said.:rolleyes:

Archived