NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cartes Du Ciel Help

Hi all,

I am using Cartes Du Ciel V3.0.1.6. I have created a few CCD rectangles in the Setup Display part....these are extremely useful for framing objects. But does anyone know how I can label the rectangles so I know which rectangle corresponds to which lens? I have put descriptions in for each rectangle but I don't seem to be able to get those descriptions to show on the screen.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Simon

Interesting one...

You can obviously change the size and orientation of the finder/ CCD boxes but apparently you can't label them:(

The user labels seem to link to the sky maps ( great for re-labelling stars and DSO's!) but not the the finder boxes.

Maybe the Skychart-discussion Y! group can help????

skychart-discussion : skychart-discussion

• 2 years later...

I have the very latest version, but I too am a little confused by the CCD finder.

I have typed in the correct, setting's for my camera.

Width 22.20mm and Height 14.80mm for my Canon 1000D. But there doesn't appear to be a setting for telescope focal length.

I use 10" 1200mm and 2.8" 388mm focal length telescope's, with my Canon 1000D and Atik 16ic. So I don't know how large the field is, when I overlay the rectangle. It's only showing the size for the sensor and not the camera and telescope combination.

Or am I missing something?

Archived