NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Yeah, you need a heap of disk space too. The drizzle certainly eats up the memory though. Another thing you can do is just select the area of the image you want to stack and drizzle that - a bit like a crop function. You do it by displaying one of the images to stack and using the red rectangle button that appears on the right hand side.

Sam

hi

something to think of is what other things are running on your computer when you run DSS.

if you run xp, it takes 250-600mb of ram alone, if you run vista it takes almost all the ram.

if you use the webbrowser at the same time, it can take 150-300mb of ram.

so 1gb of ram is not much when other progs use of the ram to.

i have tried on my netbook, but get the same result as you, and that one have 2gb of ram.

i now only use my stationary machine machine for these jobs, that one have a quad prosessor, ssd disc, and 8gb of ram, so it goes really fast.

alfi

Check that the "Create Output" box is ticked in Output Stacking settings (hidden away at right hand side). I found out that it always failed and crashed just like that when I tried turning that off.

lol, it was either 2x or 4x drizzle, wonder what pc the programmer had then!!!!

The drizzle feature was really designed for lower resolution CCD's that were around at the time of development of the program. These CCD's produced smaller file sizes than the DSLR's we have now. So enabling drizzle on something like a sony 285 chip CCD or smaller would be ok. With a 6 MP CCD like a QHY8 or Canon 300D or higher you will probably run out of memory if you use drizzle

Regards

Kevin

You can use drizzle with larger cameras... I've used both 2x and 3x with the 450d raw files... but you have to select a box to use. When you click a frame and the box tool, start to draw the box, you will get an indication of the best size box for 2x and 3x.

Archived