OpticStar

Hello,

Has anyone had any experiences with Opticstar?

After several weeks decideing on a new telescpe setup, I finalised the equipment shopping list and sent it to a number of suppliers. OpticStar have been exteemly responsive to my numerous e-mails answering all sorts of questions.

I am now almost in a position to purchase the equipment, but was wondering how Opticstar are as a supplier once they have your Money. i.e. should I make the trip to Manchester to see them face to face, or deal with them over the phone? I ask this simply because I have had a bad experience with a different supplier in the past and are now much more cautious.

your comments are most welcome.

Keith

Hi

I had problems with them regarding faulty goods but to be fair they refunded the money without question and were extremely helpful. If you ask about Steve at FLO (SGL sponser) on this forum you are likely to get a 100% recommendation for him and a member discount to boot!

Adrian

I've dealt with them several times and had 1st class service every time. Very reliable.

As an example when I sold a scope that had originally been purchased from OpticStar to another SGL member, and an accessory that had come with the scope (I'd not used it myself) proved to be defective, OpticStar mailed a replacement out to the new owner right away.

John

i found opticstar first rate !

i rang and spoke to Peter who kept me informed with every step of my order by e-mail, i had a faulty RDF when it arrived and they replaced it with no problems, they are very helpful and i would use them again without hesitation

( just posted before me John)

i`m the chap john sold the scope too

many thanks,

It's nice to hear what other people think of suppliers, it gives me a good feel for them.

Peter at Opticstar is who I have been conversing with. I must say that he has been very patient and responsive with me, clearly answering my e-mail questions, even if some of them may appear obvious or dull. Even to the point of sending me pictures of the equipment he is proposing.

I have only used them a couple of times but on both occasions I have had excellent service. I ordered a side by side plate and dovetail clamps which came with no bolts. A quick phone call to ask what size bolts were needed and they sent me a bag of assorted fixings at no charge the next day.

Regards

Kevin

After enquiring about stock they ensured me they have 150PL's availabe. I made the purchase online only to be phoned about 4 hours later telling me they do in fact not have any more in stock. No payment was taken and to be fair they did apologise sincerely and gave me a number of options on how to proceed.

Archived