Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New boy from Thourock Essex

Doug

Hi eveyone :icon_eek:

I'M Doug and a new member, I stared star gazing aprox 6 months ago with a scope and the word hooked does not cover it ,it as taken me over, I also Joined a astronomy Club and have not looked back every one is so kind and helpful, I noticest that people tell you the scope and eyepieces they have ect

So here go

Scope Meade LX90 8" ACF F/10

eyepeieces Meade 4000 super Plossl 15mm 26mm 32mm

Meade 5000 UWA 18mm and Meade 5000 super Plossl 9mm

and the month Revelation Astro Mirror Diagonal for 2" eyepieces

and have just order my first 2" eyepiece a Moonfish 30mm should be with me next week :)

O, forgot plus a power tank

and my wish list is getting bigger by the day, my poor wife

I would like to thank every one that has sent in reviews as I read everone going back years and think they are all fantasic keep them coming

Doug

Great to be here

Doug

Hi George

I understand what you mean about the money side, I keep finding ways to spend it

and as a old boy against some on SGL Im trying to catch up 30 year or so

I spend so much time reading on the net about this hobby we have taken up

Im so glad that it does not affect the wife (hours of work ect) wife goes bed early

and leaves me to it :-) ,weather again is letting us down all this money and can't use it never mind Sunday looks Good

all the best

Doug

Hi Doug,

Welcome to SGL, new here myself aswell. Which club have you joined if you dont mind me asking, looking for one myself and I'm just down the road in Basildon.

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Sly :icon_eek:

I belong to the Havering Astronomy society in Cranham it's off Front Lane find it's web site with all the others, any problems let me know and ill look it up for you it's the third Wednesday of each month and starts at 17.30hrs

Doug

:)

Simon information about club

Havering Astronomical Society

Meets: 3rd Wed of month exc Jul & Aug 7.30 pm

Venue: Cranham Community Centre, Marlborough Gardens, Cranham

Address: 133 Severn Drive, Upminster

Tel: 01708 227397

I looked it up for you hope it help

Doug

Archived