Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from the East Midlands

helios102

I have been interested in astronomy since April 1957 - I remember the time because I had just bought a 2" refractor and was looking at Comet Arend-Roland and thought this is great! Can't remember how many years I had to wait for another comet of that magnitude. . .

Of course that was the very month that (Sir) Patrick Moore began broadcasting 'The Sky at Night' - but it was on far too late for me to watch then

I was an "Armchair Astronomer" for many years but then the interest was rekindled and a yearning for a "proper" telescope. I joined the White Peak Astronomical Group in Derbyshire in 1998 as a founder member which enables me to talk, learn and observe with like minded people - I can't do that at home!

Keep Looking Up

Tony

Hi Tony and welcome to the SGL, I also remember looking at the comet Arand-Roland in 57 when I was a mere 12 year old. I think that was the time I took to the stars although not in a big way, I had other plans. The next big comet from then I think was Comet Halley in 86 where I managed to get some pics but they have since disappeared.

Keith.

Archived