Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first light with modded 1000d

astrokat

Hi,

I'm no expert, but by a bit of tweaking of curves and colour balance in Photoshop (the freebie GIMP should be able to do the same), I've come up with this.

I'm sure someone will do better!

Best wishes,

Luke

post-16549-133877405804_thumb.jpg

Toby,

I read your other post re the redness of your image. This is what it's supposed to look like when you remove the filter so there's nothing wrong with it. You've got quite a good image from two shots. Ideally you'd want to take a bunch more - probably another 20 or so and then stack them all up in Deep Sky Stacker. This will give a much smoother image. In astro imaging taking the image is only half the battle the rest of the work comes in the processing.

I find with my camera that unless the sky is crystal clear and dark then there'll be a bit of a yelloy reddish hue to the individual subs but after stacking and applying all of the calibration frames it cleans it up nicely.;)

Sam

Ok I will give this ago though can you explain why when I focus on vega it is blowted is there anything I can do to solves

Thanks toby

No I'm not sure why it wouldn't be focusing as with mine there was no difference. When I focus on a bright star I turn live view on and zoom in to 10X and then slowlly move the focuser until the diffraction spikes are the biggest and thinnest (my scope is a reflector, hence the diffraction spikes).

What is the setup you're using? If you're not using a telescope but shooting through a camera lens then you might not be able to focus to infinity - my camera camera does - just, but I know other people have mentioned that with some lenses they can't focus to infinity. This is not an issue when using it with a telescope. I can see from you Dumbbell Nebula shot that you've no problems with the focus.;)

Sam

Archived