Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr and surroundings

James

It's been a while since I've had the time to get out and image and even less to try processing some of the data (I haven't even looked at my Kelling images yet :) ). Alls not lost though. I've been playing with my new pier :D (more on this later) and last night was spent fiddling with polar alignment and experimenting with various planetarium apps controlling my EQ6.

Whilst doing so I took 6x 10 min Ha subs of Sadr in Cygnus. There really is something to be said for imaging when you can turn the first image (6 subs stacked, no processing) into the second...

Mount: EQ6

OTA: Megrez 72

Guiding: SW ED100 + DMK31 + PHD

Imaging: SXV-H9, 6×600s, Baader 7nm Ha filter

Stacked: Nebulosity

Post Process: PixInsight

James

post-13295-13387740427_thumb.jpg

post-13295-133877404277_thumb.jpg

We have him now lads, hook line and sinkered :D

Great stuff James, glad you are enjoying it.

I remember the first time I saw an astropic being processed, asking SteveL "how do they come off the camera?" His pic of B33 contained about 3 stars and that was it. Then he stretched it, and that was me hooked too :)

Hope you are busy in a productive way at least. Like you, I havent even looked at half the Kelling stuff.

It

The force is strong in this un. Welcome to the dark side Darth James, fantastic image BTW. All we need for a full set is Darth FLO. I have to admit, I was viewing this on the laptop so only the first image was visible and I thought there should be more nebulosity on subs of that length, what a suprise I got when I scrolled down and actually read the text.

Steve..

slippery slope for you now ...

Feels like it, feels like I'm sliding down ever faster :D Is there a painful bump at the bottom?

Darth FLO will show himself eventually. In fairness the more time I spend imaging (and it's nowhere near enough) the less time Darth FLO can...

James

Archived