Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Recording Herschel and Messier sights

Steve922

Anyone have a spreadsheet or any other method of electronically ticking off and dating/commenting on each entry when working through a list such as the Messier or Herschel lists?

Or do you just give the entry a simple tick?

Steve

Have you considered AstroPlanner?

This is a fully featured planning and observation recording package.

You can make up observing lists from any/ all of the included 200 catalogues; It can even control your GOTO and Canon DSLR... A majic piece of work from Paul Rodman!

AstroPlanner

I have a excel sheet for the messier objects contains maps area for sketches or pics and little information space but i havent got winzip on work comp and cant send .xls file as its too big so if you wanna take a look i could email it to you?

:D

I have a excel sheet for the messier objects contains maps area for sketches or pics and little information space but i havent got winzip on work comp and cant send .xls file as its too big so if you wanna take a look i could email it to you?

:D

Yes, I'd like to see it. My address is in my profile.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks for the PM have sent that over to you. hope it helps. you may want to add stuff onto it or change it about as ive kept it fairly basic as well to be honest i dont understand alot of the stuff you see on some charts on the net lol.

anyway feel free to change it etc

Does anyone have experience of Astroplanner v2? I saw that this would have more options for logging observations/showing sketches etc but I don't know exactly what. I wrote myself some simple software to do what I want - mainly to compare my observations/sketches with others (inc. photos) side by side, with some controls over image brightness and contrast (sketch intercomparison can be tricky without this). This only took a few hours to write, but it will take a while to put together the data/images for the whole NGC!

Anyone know of existing software that's set up for this sort of side by side comparison of obs with existing obs reports and images/sketches already archived?

post-12861-13387740517_thumb.jpg

Archived