NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cost x frustration product

Breakintheclouds

Hi all,

After waking up at 0430 this morning for some Mars and Orion observation, only to find the Met Office's promised clear skies were some sort of practical joke, I got thinking (as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep again) that I was very lucky when I bought my scope: the sky allowed me to use it that very night. But I'm sure most people weren't so lucky.

So what was your cost x frustration product? Multiply the amount you've spent on new kit by the number of days you had to wait to use it. E.g., £800 and a 6-day wait for clear skies = 4800. Share your results for general sympathy...

I was very lucky with the latest addition, a Skywatcher 250px, as I got to use it the night it arrived.:D

Unfortunately with the Lightbridge I got last year led to about 1 and a half weeks of rubbish weather so that's £1600 X 10, £16000 of bad weather.:D

$100.000 give or take a penny. Seriously tho on the evening I took delivery of my skywatcher refractor (early this Sept) was so warm and clear I spent about two hours in the back garden observing in my boxer shorts and a tee shirt (not a nice sight) There's not many nights like that each year !! :D

Can I substitute non working mount for the clouds please, in which case my figure comes out to just over £78,000 for the mount and 2 camera's but have usedv the new scopes ok. Still Mr Hinds reckons he has cured the problem now :D in his email on Friday we shall see.

colin

Archived