NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Andromeda

Dr Dixon

10x5 min subs no darks flats bais etc.

Canon 40d and C-80ED on sirius eq-g, guided Toucam Pro II using PHD. (Which seems to be working brilliantly atm)

DSS for staking and Pixinsight LE for DBE, processing and noise reduction ( I used a couple of masks for this one normal luminance mask for NR, second was specific NR of the blue channel which seemed especially noisey), final tweaks in PSPX2.

Compared to my first go at andromeda a couple of weeks ago this second attempt is a big improvement but still a long way to go! but I happy that I am starting to get some details coming through.

Hopefully in the next few weeks i can get out and grab a few more hours worth of data to add

comments welcome

cheers

Ian

post-16427-133877401975_thumb.jpg

Certainly coming along shape and detail wise Ian, the more data you can add, the more defined those areas will become.

On my laptop the colours seem a little odd, there is a lot of purple noise, and the dust lanes are distinctly greenish.

In Photoshop, try using the Selective Colour tool to pick each colour as required and balance it out.

Nice going at any rate :D

TJ

Looks promising. I also see the purple over the whole image with green dust lanes.

Do you have your monitor calibrated. I changed from a CRT type to LCD and used calibration images I searched on web. The change made me realise the old monitor was out of focus and the colours were off.

I'd be chuffed to see that at the end of an imaging night though..

Ok looking at this image now on my work monitor which shows quite different from my home monitor.. :D it looks a lot more purple and green than at home which is more blue and yellow. I will have to look for some calibrated images that you mention to see if i can sort the color balance on the monitor at home (its and old LCD) and redo the processing, ....it also doesnt help that i also have red/green color blindness :D

Hi, I had a quick look on the web and found this calibration software that might help. I haven't used it but a download is available.

Hex2Bit - Software by Mike Walters

There are many webpages of test pics so you can calibrate it though.

Not having color blindness myself, I would not begin to understand the problem but would suggest that perhaps you can have the aid of someone to initially help set the monitor, then I would compare my image to other images found on this site or elsewhere just so your colors are in the right ballpark so to speak.

Strangely enough I've just posted my image of M57 on the forum, when I first started processing the image it just looked like a white smoke ring and took me a while to tame the beast. Being quite new to the hobby I compare my images to others on the site which helps me until I develop my own style.

Hope this helps

John

Thanks for all the advice i have re-calibrated monitor etc, and reprocessed.

The new image is below. I am a lot happier with it, both from the detail side of things and color (though what would i know :D lol) i still think its quite blue ...prob lots and lots still to do but am going to leave this for now until i get more data to add..

Anyway additional comments welcome

post-16427-133877402596_thumb.jpg

Archived