Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whats wrong with metcheck.com ?

vincentnm

Everyday for the past 8 days, it just says "Data temporariry unavailable", when I search for any postcode or twon. But yet, there is no notice of a down-time or error on the home page. Is it just me? Or other people facing this as well?

Btw, what'a a good alternative to metcheck?

Front page of metcheck is saying...

Firstly, apologies for the continued problems with the automatic forecasts on the site. Rest assured that we are doing everything we can to try and fix the problem and hopefully the forecasts will be available again very soon.

So they are aware..I find them relatively accurate in my area, tend to use it along with Sat24 to look at the satellite images to decide whether there is a risk of lots of cloud before setting up for the night.

I find the sat pics are great for guessing what's happening in a few hours and the forecast from the met office is pretty good for getting some idea what's on the way - seems to be pretty good for my area. The unfortunate thing with weather predictions is they are never going to be perfect so you read them at your own risk.

Sam

I always use BBC weather and type in my postcode. They were rubbish until a several months ago when they switched to the satellite map. It can change quite a bit so don't look at 9am and assume that it will be accurate for the evening, but if you are looking at about 5pm then it's usually pretty accurate for the rest of the night. Currently says clear skies for me tonight :o

If you're up to making sense of it try the following:

Medium Range Forecasts for Europe

It's the NCEP forecast model in all its detailed glory for 6 days, updated at least every day. There's a link to a key page to interpret the charts

{Used to fly a hang glider and this was a standard ref} - it's also I believe where Astroforecast.org gets its data.

Interesting coincidence that metcheck and astroforecast disappeared at the same time.

Cheers

Ahado

• 11 months later...
They are currently forecasting 412mph gusts (yes, that's fourhundred and twelve miles per hour) gusts around Londonderry for next Friday, and similar over next weekend!:icon_salut:

From what direction?

I wouldn't want to dig the bunker with its orientation all wrong . . . .

Archived