NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jumped In.

Lowstar

Hi Forum,

just a few lines to introduce myself and say hello. I `m probably a bit premature as my telescope hasn`t arrived yet, an Orion SkyQuest XT8, but greetings to all just the same.

Having read a few of the posts and stickys i`m better informed than i was an hour ago :) and look forward to glean any more tips, pointers and advice from seasoned stargazers. After the seemingly endless nightly research on " Best Beginner Scopes " i`ve the eyes burned out of myself and am looking forward to using the dobsonian more than the Compaq.

I was out earlier with the bino`s and wish the telescope had arrived today. Very clear skies and quite a mild evening made me think how many people were looking skyward enjoying the stars on show.

Regards,

Will.

Hello Lowstar, I'm new to this forum myself. I love the excitement of waiting for a new telescope. I have used the SkyQuest XT 10 and was very impressed. I think you will love it. My first tip: get a real good eyepiece, say in the 40 mm range and 18mm range. You may think you have a good scope using supplied EP's, but the purchase of a high quality EP can make your jaw drop and reveal the true resolving capacity of your OTA!

I'm excited for you and look foward to hear about your first light!

JPH

Pueblo

Archived