SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CLEARANCE: Celestron Advanced C8-N / CG5

FLO

1) How old is this model (is it new), as it is discontinued, also what accessories does it come with, any eye pieces to get me started?

It is brand new with two-year warranty. The C8N/CG-5 setup is officially discontinued, hence the clearance price.

The accessories are listed on our website here, a 20mm Plossl eyepiece is included.

2) What delivery is the rate?

£7

3) Any forum discount available

No, not on clearance items.

Thanks, will give an email if I get a reply!

Our offer to put one aside for a month was meant as a helpful gesture, not a pushy sales tactic.

HTH

Yes, we can supply a variable Moon filter.

One eyepiece is not enough, three (low/med/high magnification) is normally considered minimum. Warthog has an excellent post here on SGL about selecting the minimum number of eyepieces.

HTH

Oops! We have just discovered that this package requires an additional counterweight to balance the OTA...

Interestingly only one person has mentioned it, I guess the others haven't assembled theirs yet.

When we return from Kelling we will dispatch a counterweight free-of-charge to everyone who has purchased this package.

coffee_prince and two other members who have requested that we reserve one for them will receive them at the original £259 price with an additional counterweight.

The five remaining packages are priced at £289 (to cover the extra counterweight). This is still £100 less than the Skywatcher version!

Celestron v Skywatcher: The Skywatcher OTA is supplied with a Crayford focuser and 25 & 10mm eyepieces whereas the Celestron has the original R&P focuser and a 20mm eyepiece. The Celestron CG-5 mount is the same as the Skywatcher EQ5 but with quality ball-bearings on both axes and a larger more sturdy tripod.

At £289 this package is unbeatable!

HTH :)

• 3 weeks later...

Did you hear that?

Listen there it goes again!

Its the sound of me kicking myself for not noticing this section, not taking up this offer and buying a 150P for only £60 less. :D:)

That was a great offer and I am an idiot. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived