NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from High Wycombe

Dusty Lanes

Hello everyone. I'm new to astonomy but have had an interest since a teenager with a 3.5" Newtonian and a big imagination. Now rapidy approaching retirement I finally get to have a proper go with a Celestron CPC 800 with imaging in mind. From the forums (which are a mine of info) I can see that this is something that will keep me challenged for a long time. I'm looking forward to lots of advice!!

Richard.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I sense community. :)

I have one really basic question; after 3 nights of telescope use (thank you El Ninio or whatever it's called) how do I clean the corrector plate(?), lens(?) thingy?

Hello Richard and welcome. Retirement does mean that you can take full advantage of clear nights when we get them. The usual advice is not to clean the corrector plate as it does have very sensitive coatings on it - unless it is really dirty of course. They inevitably get damp with dew and dust etc will stick to it but that doesn't seem to affect the view through the scope. All the astro shops sell lens cleaning kits but you must follow the instructions carefully.

Archived