Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

got my first dso with dsl woop woop

astrokat

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very creditable effort for a first attempt Toby.

Now you know the equipment works OK, and It's just a question of refining your techniques. You mustn't kick the tripod for instance, at least not while the shutter is open.:):D.

It looks as though you may have done that, or something else has shifted the scope or camera a little. Each star has a small Doppelganger beside it. I'm being funny, but serious at the same time. The stars have jumped for some reason. Make sure everything is tightened down, and can't shift.

Ron.:)

thank you all of this is most helpfull .. my biggest problem is that im using a alz mount ..i think there is a polar mount for my mount,though it is 200 pound so gonna hold fire till i get a bit better with what i got toby

thank you all of this is most helpfull .. my biggest problem is that im using a alz mount ..i think there is a polar mount for my mount,though it is 200 pound so gonna hold fire till i get a bit better with what i got toby

That makes good sense mate.

Sorry, I thought it was on an equatorial mount, my mistake.

Ron.:)

Yo, astro, me too, different target though...nice one

Arthur don't go down the ....

'Looks good to me, only thing I'd say is maybe go for a larger target next time? The wee ones always look a little lost in a dslr field of view!'

How big is this:D..

Us Newbies get confused...

Heh heh

Regards

Keith

Archived