NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1st session with M31

Deneb

Hi

I took this shot of M31 last night, I would like to add more data to this, taken with my WO 66SD, Modded 450D + Astronomik CLS Clip Filter, used dss+GXterminator, 8x 2mins Subs, 5x darks, 5x flats @ ISO800.

M31_1stsession.jpg

Hi Deneb :)

I really like this shot. I'm so used to seeing M31 in a close up shot, but it is really rather nice to see it in more of a 'widefield.' Seems to give the bigger 'galactic' picture if you know what I mean!

Some more data would be great but it is looking fantastic now. A bit more depth would be brilliant :)

Hi Deneb :)

I really like this shot. I'm so used to seeing M31 in a close up shot, but it is really rather nice to see it in more of a 'widefield.' Seems to give the bigger 'galactic' picture if you know what I mean!

Some more data would be great but it is looking fantastic now. A bit more depth would be brilliant :p

Agreed!!! I tried looking at M31 with my Celestron 70AZ, but NO luck at all finding it. Funny thing was, I could SEE stars FAINTER than M31 (M31 =Mag.3, I believe) in my scope, but the galaxy wasn't there:mad::):mad:.....

My EP should be coming by the end of August, so I hope I'll have better luck soon!!!

David

P.S. Loving the pic, BTW:p:p

Archived