Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thank You FLO

Martin 2

We always have a good time at the South West Astronomy Fair Martin but this years was exceptional :) It had everything - sunshine, excellent location, great company and there was plenty of kit on show! We were very fortunate on FLO's stand to have SteveR (Kai), SteveL, Ian (Lunator) and Greg's help - thankyou :p Even so, it was very busy so apologies if we missed anyone.

FLO aside, the Widescreen Centre always puts on a good show and this year he set up outside an FLT-98 fitted with a dedicated Hydrogen-alpha solar filter, which was very popular. Starlight Xpress were busy (particularly after Greg Parker's lectures, he uses Starlight Xpress cameras) showing their new models and the motorised filter wheel and Richard at AstroTrac had plenty of interest in his new pier/wedge kit (I'll add them to FLO's site soon). There were of course others - Astronomy Now, SCS Astro, Nik Symanek, SPA, Campaign for Dark skies, Sidmouth Museum, Space Rocks and the Amateur Radio Station GB2NLO but regrettably I didin't have the time to visit them.

And thank-you to the organisers :) I don't know what the visitor numbers were this year but they must surely be higher than last years and from the feedback we have received everyone enjoyed themselves.

Iagree with all the posts, it was a great show and with the good weather a splendid day out for the many families attending.

Another thanks to Steve and his merry men for the time they gave to everyone seeking help and advice. Also as an NLO member I have to congratulate all the NLO volunteers who did such a sterling job.

Well done all!!

RonJ

I wish I could have gone but it was too far away :), could there be one say in the Bristol area next year? I sure that would get a larger catchment area and still be south-ish and west-ish then from Wales it would be do-able.

Pretty Please

Pete

ps glad it was a success

Archived