Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Funky noises from mount

Milliways

I have a HEQ5 pro syntrek mount and is making some odd noises lol.. When i turn the thing on it makes a pulsating high pitched noise, is this normal?

I am using the power lead that it came with in conjunction with my power tank.

Any ideas?

Dave.

Sounds perfectly normal, it will also make a slightly odd noise as it starts to move and as it stops, this is for the slewing at the higher speeds though. When tracking it ought to be near silent :)

When tracking it still makes the weird sound >< Really high pitched pulsating sound.. continues all the time..

When tracking it still makes the weird sound

Best way I can describe the tracking noise from my HEQ5 is like a washing machine during the wash cycle heard from a great distance. The slew noise is louder but still quiet compared with the CPC1100 "coffeee grinder".

That noise is perfectly normal and if Steve at FLO offers to swap it out for you, decline :) (Sorry Steve). I thought mine was faulty when I got it and couldn't beleive the volume of the whistle, I thought it would drive me absolutely nuts to start off with but it is, as they say, quietly reassuring to know its on.

I noticed it and just assumed it was the motors tracking away merrily to themselves... It's so quiet compared to me NexStar SLT I thought that perhaps something was wrong first off as it was so quiet.

You ought to hear the racket from an LX90.

I switched from a 8" LX90 to a CPC1100 & the CPC1100 is waaaaay louder when slewing at full rate .... also the full rate slew is much slower, 3 deg / sec rather than 5 deg / sec.

Archived