Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican with New Scope

Dave Moulton

Hi All,

I have had this little Scope for a while now but this is its First outing last night.

Interesting as Next door had an Outdoor party at the same time. Loads of light pollution coming over the fence plus the smoke from the BBQ and they didn't even throw a beer over the fence either.

Scope Astro Tech 66ED Refractor

Camera SXV-H9

90 Mins with Ha Filter

Guiding could have been better though

Dave

post-14400-133877388025_thumb.jpg

Thanks Daniel.

Pleasantly surprised by the image scale to be honest.

Just wish I had picked a better guide star. Another issue I have to investigate is the fact that the focuser was tricky with the weight of the camera attached, should be an easy fix

Dave

Guiding looks pretty good actually, what issues were you having? Say, never asked you this, but how does the weight and size of the H9 compare to say, that 350D you have?

Have fun on your trip btw. :)

Daniel

Weight wise between the two cameras is similar, not actually certain but there seems not much in it to me. At the moment the focus tube drifts south until I clamp it down. The rack does not work either with the weight of the camera. Its OK with a diagonal and eyepiece mind you.

Two set screws on the top of the main tube look like they tighten the focuser, not tried yet but I will take a look when I get more time.

Dave

Very nicely captured Dave.

Those little 66 scopes excel on these large nebs. Plenty of detail in depth too.

Ron.:)

Cheers Ron,

I have had this little scope a while now and this was its First imaging outing. I was hoping to do larger Nebs with the SXV-H9 and it looks as though it will fit the bill

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, email me when you get back, I'll see if I can help you tighten that baby down. I had similar issues with my WO 66 (almost identical mechanicals), I think it is those two screws that adjust tension. Send pics of the little guy too, don't think I've seen it yet. :)

Daniel

Dave, email me when you get back, I'll see if I can help you tighten that baby down. I had similar issues with my WO 66 (almost identical mechanicals), I think it is those two screws that adjust tension. Send pics of the little guy too, don't think I've seen it yet. :)

Daniel

Will do Mate

Fantastic capture and process Dave.

Here a link to a thread on the focus tension adjust on a WO66SD which should be the same as on your scope.

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/79949-wo-66-owners.html

Regards

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the compliment and taking the trouble to find that link for me.

Much Appreciated

Dave

Great image Dave, really nice subtle processing and loads of detail.

Is that just one 90 min sub?

Jordan

Sorry this is late Jordan I have been away for the last week

The image is 90 mins in total taken in 10min subs through a Ha Filter

Dave

Archived