Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter this morning around 4:05

FranckiM06

Hello everybody,

So after to have following some advices, I have increase the Gain to get speed exposure high: It is done with my refractor 102 + DMK 21 + Powermate x4 and IR-cut:

So, gain 750, exposure 1/92, gamma 120 and 2011 frames during 1'07'' by 30f/s:

jupiter1c.png

By FranckiM06

Not bad for a 4" scope! Try pushing the gain up a bit more and reduce the gamma to get more contrast. With the gain way up the individual frames will be very noisy but it helps focusing & the noise will disappear when you stack many hundreds of frames.

So, this time I show you the second shot taken 15mn after the first one and the seetings were : gain 800, gamma 120, exposure 1/120, 2223 frames done during 1'15'' at 30f/s. You could see Ganymède coming on side of Jupiter: I hope you will like :)

jupiter2c.png

By FranckiM06

Your second shot is very good indeed.

The sight of Ganymede emerging from behind Jupiter really adds to the photo.

Yes the shot with Ganymede peeping round the side is the best of the 2.....both are very good shots especially with Jupiter being in Earth's murk at the moment.

Archived