Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7635

Ant

Despite the near full moon, I had another bash at the bubble.

Made a couple of school boy errors (again), forgot to polar align - so I have clear field rotation between frames. The sky was quite bright, to start with from the twilight and then from the moon.

I used the Baadar Moon/Sky Glow filter. Imaged through the 6" F5 newt and guided with the ED80/DMK combo.

20 x 2 minutes and 26 x 5 minutes. With the moon I think that 5 minutes may have been a little high.

I could do with some flat frames, as i think this would help my gradient issues. I removed some of the gradient then continued to process, I know that there is more nebula around the bubble that you first think so I decided not to continue any further, but it still needs help.

Going to get myself a NB filter (Ha 7nm) at the end of the month.

ant-albums-dso-s-picture2119-ngc7635-08-07-09-26x5-minutes-20x2-minutes-6-f5-hxv-h9-full-moon.jpg

Cheers

Ant

Still at it Ant :)

Come back to this one when you get the Ha filter, and take as long a sub as you can. All of that stuff that appears to be noise will spring out at you with detail and texture, and there'll be no trace of gradients with it.

The flats will help you though, definetly worth going for those, with bias and darks too.

Archived