NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ISS passing Bootes

I nipped out last night at 1.10am and snapped the ISS pass over west to east at around mag -3.5.

Taken with a Canon 50D and Sigma 10-20mm lens set to 17mm, F2.8 @ISO200, 20 seconds.

beyondvision-albums-widefield-picture2104-iss-passing-bootes-canon-50d-sigma-10-20mm-lens.jpg

It was followed closely behind by Progress-M 02M a Russian Supply Vehicle for the ISS

Progress M-02M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

beyondvision-albums-widefield-picture2105-iss-followed-supply-vehicle-progress-m-02m-canon-50d-sigma-10-20mm-lens.jpg

The Progress vehicle seemed to zip along and catch up the ISS. It couldn't be seen in the same FOV of the camera until the ISS was way past the zenith.

Regards

Kevin

Good grabs Kev.

The ISS seems like a Barley Sugar Twist.:)

Did it appear to be rotating at all?

Ron.:)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't rotate Ron, I think that is an aliasing effect of the digitized image.

Hey nice one Kev.

I've been watching the ISS for the past few nights and noticed this other satellite following, guess its this Progress Vehicle you mentioned. Just what is a Progress Vehicle then?

Andrew

There is a link to the Wiki page on it in the original post.

Regards

Kevin

Archived