Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon with a small scope

OXO

Found an image i have taken some time last year with a smaller scope the Skywatcher 70mm refractor and coolpix 4500.

Thought i would share it so you can see nice images can be obtained with small scope's and you dont need huge scopes to take good pic's. It was a handheld shot into a 40mm eyepiece at iso 200 and shutter speed of 120/

Should interest Grant this one :)

image.jpg

James

There is something really nice about moon shots... I think it's something to do with the fact tht you can see the moon nearly everyday - but most peeple never get to see the craters etc

Nice one James, and a whole moon pic is the best of all.

Ant

I didn't mean full moon james - just the whole of the moon - I.e. not a small part of it.

But that's a lovely full moon James - I've had a few like that myself - but not any more... :)

Ant

Theres the beauty of Isee Stars, you lose all your pictures on your computer, simple download a backup from Isee Stars of all your images, unzip and your done, pictures restored :)

Awesome moon picture there James!

Apologies for the plug but I couldn't resist!

Grant

Just noticed the bit at the top in the first part of this topic addressed to me! Sorry James! So, I should be able to take some images like that? What kind of camera did you use? I'm excited now!

I've been thinking about camera actually, and thinking wouldn't it be cool if there were bluetooth webcams, so you wouldn't need to use wires to connect it to your laptop etc... The other thing I was thinking was, could you use a wireless webcam, and have it so that inside your house, your computer is recording as an avi everything, then afterwards you go through and cust out the bits of the captured avi you want for specific shots and throw out the rubbish? That way you haven't got to mess around so much...

image.jpg

This image was taken 2 day's after the full moon image above :)

bluetooth webcams sounds a good idea esp if you say wanted to do a webcast of what your looking at over the net.

The thing with AVI'S they can be huge after a while a 1.20min avi will roughly be 500 meg at 5fp's a sec and going through all the frames of a bigger Avi would be too much hassle i think IMHO..

James :)

Good point James, it's just a pity there's no way to use a webcam without having to have a laptop as well, what would be awesome is if it were possible, to hook up an ipod photo to a webcam, and capture straight to an ipod photo (60gb of space), then it's ultra portable.

Linksys Wireless-G Internet Video Camera WVC54G Linksys_Wireless_G_Internet_Video_Camera_WVC54G.aspx

Thats the nearest thing to a bluetooth webcam i have found matey, one thing to think about is the bandwidth of the webcam too from what i have read in the past most of them would only be suitable for a short lengh away from a computer?..

James :)

http://www.buyersedge.com/Product/prodDesc.asp?XOS=3297542&pageView=1&iDZ=23

From what i can tell if you have a wireless pci card on your desktop computer then you can certainly image from outside through the camera as this is wireless. I think apart from the specs of the camera ie:no manual over ride of exposures etc etc would be the next problem as well as how far from the computer it would operate. Now if a toucam pro could be wireless then you would be laffing :)

James

Archived