NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc 7000 in ha test image 25th june

steve51450

Ive only been up and running for just over a week after 4 months break so its nice to get back in the groove. I decided to do this image at the last minute because the sky cleared a little quite late last night. I have not used the qs1 with this scope before & the stars are not perfect in the corners so i still have some work to do on my spacing. my guiding was awfull as i could not get the 16ic to play ball with the spacing required for my off axis guider

sky's were not the best but for a quick 10minute setup i am pleased with the outcome

borg60ed f3.7

qsi 540

16ic guider

HA 6 X 1800sec

darks bias & flats subtracted, quick levels and curves and thats about it :):headbang:

post-14888-133877381168_thumb.jpg

kevin, its full frame no cropping

last year this was the second subject i ever imaged and it still remains my favorite summer nebula and i have been dying to get back and do it again, if i can dig out last years image i will post it just to have a look :)

thanks for the comments everyone :)

yes it is kevin i have had it for about a month and i am still getting used to it, i have not nailed polar align completely yet but its pretty close now. its only my 2nd night out in anger with it so still a lot to learn but the love affair has started :headbang:

august 2008 image, posted for for fun as i still remember the big grin when the subs started coming in and i had detail in them!

post-14888-133877381252_thumb.jpg

Are you going to Kelling btw in autumn?

Yes i am tim

i think i am in the field by the trade stands and all the trees :headbang:

I am going with Eddie as Alan is on his holidays so cant come away to play :)

are you going ?

Archived