Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1/2 Hour before dark and imaging

Catanonia

Clear skies over most of UK.

So what are you doing reading this...

GET OUTSIDE NOW !!!!!!

This has been a public service announcement by Cat :headbang:

Your earlier post was correct then - you are in a rush :)

It's just a hobby you know :)

John

Are you are aware of 'astronomical' darkness where the point that the Sun no longer has no effect at all on the night sky? IIRC the Sun has to be 18 degrees below the horizon for this to happen. This isn't going to happen here (near Cambridge) for about another 3 weeks yet!

Tony..

:) wait for August. Just as warm with proper dark skies!

Tony..

I CAN'T WAIT :headbang::)

Getting some nice subs of M51 right now ;)

After about 2 hours worth tonight. Going in 5 min subs each time with a few darks. Worked well last night :)

Nice to learn the kit ready for the 'proper nights'

Now that's a good idea :). Get yourself sorted now and hit it hard when the skies get good!

Tony..

yup tonight learnt or perfected

1. 3 star alignment

2. Scope main and guide alignment with spotter as well

3. How to check guide camera

4. How to take pics with the guide cam

5. how to guide properly with focus and the applications

most important

6. Chairs are for sitting on and not putting camera's / beer and cables on :)

Got myself setup, aligned and guiding within 30 mins tonight compared to 2 hours last time.

I am also building and observatory / shed / roll roof to house the kit as well for the dark COLD nights :headbang:

If its any consolation, i've had my kit running since about 8:30, the goto found arcturus although no way to see it with naked eye, and from there I got aligned, focussed and waiting................ It aint gonna get really dark though :headbang:

However I am using the opportunity to try out a new filter O-III that I just got, to combine with some other data from the other night. Just need to learn how to combine narrowband piccies now :)

If its any consolation, i've had my kit running since about 8:30, the goto found arcturus although no way to see it with naked eye, and from there I got aligned, focussed and waiting................ It aint gonna get really dark though :headbang:

However I am using the opportunity to try out a new filter O-III that I just got, to combine with some other data from the other night. Just need to learn how to combine narrowband piccies now :)

summer nights are for experimentation and trying new kit before real nights come along.

I am now guiding for over 10 mins no sweat. A 1st for me, all learnt tonight.

Archived