Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lyra Double Double through my Evostar 80 DS Pro at 300x

merlinxlm

Hello every one, I had a very good observing session last night, I'm still getting to grips with my new scope a Skywatcher Evostar 80 ds pro, on a Skywatcher EQ6 Pro mount. I'm in the process of getting the mount to track with PHD at the moment. After a disappointing guiding session I concentrated on the constellation of Lyra. I find this constellation a very nice one to observe. I could easily find M57 The Ring nebula I was observing it through a medium eyepiece 15mm, it looked great. I then tried the 5mm eyepiece that was a little sharper, but I couldn't see enough detail through my 2mm eyepiece. I then concentrated on the Double Double Epsilon, I first looked at it with an 15mm, could only see the single Double, I then went up to 5mm and could just about see the other Double, so I then decided to go up to a 2mm, which according to my calculations is 300x. I was amazed that I had a crystal clear view of the Double Double with plenty of dark space between them, I cant wait to have good session tonight weather permitting.

It's a great object the "double double" I never tire of looking at it and seeing the lowest power that is needed to get a definate split - that seems to vary with seeing conditions I've found.

Nice report !.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived